THOSE WINTER DAYS AND ME


Life is comprised of memories, some memories you want to erase whereas some memories, always inside you, like it happened a few days before. Likewise, this winter article brings your childhood memories back, let's go back to the unforgettable childhood days -
~ THIS IS NOT IMAGINARY BUT TRUE EXPERIENCE OF MINE ~
Winter is always my favorite season among all, I don’t know I always have a special attraction towards more cold areas, normally during winter u feel cold in all over India but some places winter feeling is awesome.
You wake up with pink chicks, when you speak – Smokey air comes from your mouth and if you have oily skin you can’t use any oily facial products in normal seasons but this winter day you can use cold cream and your face glow more with white and pink mixed face, such feelings are of different.
Ha, I am not in Kashmir OR Shimla OR not outside India. I am talking about Odisha itself as I grown up here. How I describe it may seem like I lived there but the truth is I didn’t. I don’t know I especially feel winter in this way as I was staying at a place with my family which is a hilly place and winter you feel better.
I love winter from the core of my heart, I don’t know whether other people feel or enjoy the winter how I do. Don’t know today, why my heart started missing my childhood days and those winter days again, feel like I should go back to those days again. Wish I can!!!
In my childhood days winter always brings pain and pleasure in my life, Pain: after Durga puja, we always have half yearly so no proper enjoyment during Diwali or Durga puja and I love to study during the night as from my beginning – I love to work in the calm environment. how far I can remember and do my homework easily during night and early morning, whole day my work productivity is very less , you can say it is all most 40% , as I always busy in thinking: what mom is going to cook today , oh ! someone is coming , most probably he/she might bring some chocolate or during any festival time they might bring something to eat (Chaath time or Pongal time), I always wondering who is going on road and how they sell products with different names like – Panch panch rupeya , another is Bed cover, Bedsheet cover – lelo lelo lelo , just like he is giving in free but his price is always high as now as a marketer I can guess their marketing strategy , if you sound normal you can’t attract anyone but if u sound little bit different you can attract many like me , I am very curious from childhood days that’s why I always sit on chair and table nearly to window side that also in drawing room , so that I can see who is coming and most important is why I sit there – because I planted rose plant and henna plant there so that I can sleep properly on table whenever i need, as I love scented smell and cold bridge always from that side only , I am always choosy no matter whatever I do . no doubt my parents always scold me not to sit there still I always sit as I love to enjoy, the study is secondary for me, mental peace is more important, that’s why finally my parents shifted TV to the bedroom. At that time we had 1-bedroom, 1 study room and dining room and 1 store room etc. but who study In study room, no sunlight was coming properly due to jackfruit tree in back, which was huge and dining was near to that so that my mom can see what I am doing as I usually sit on my chair but am I really studying or sleeping or doing art from morning 8 am to till 11.30 am who knows, as after that I take bath and prepare myself for lunch as our usual lunch time is 12.30 but now it extends to 1 pm.
I am talking about WINTER AS USUAL HOLIDAYS.
In evening I love to give water to plants, especially rose, henna and other scented plants, this is my usual routine as during winter soil become dry so you need to water daily at least for half an hour to1 hour to all plants otherwise they’ll stop growing. So you need to water all plants, if you watering daily you can see the remarkable change in flower buds to their growth, tremendous change. In the morning after I wake up – I always count the small flower buds in my rose plants and I count day, how many days it’ll take to become a full flower. As I love the plant with heavy flowers on it. It looks so good. My day starts with plant and ends with as well.
In night also I sit on the chair and table so that I enjoy the winter better – lovely smells from outside, but when dog barks at outside I close the window without any second thought as childhood ghost feeling. I am not telling lie, sometimes when my papa wakes up at midnight and see me studying – he overloaded with happiness and love and always say – you still studying – go and sleep now. Rest homework you can do tomorrow. I love to do the math and all calculus part in late night, in the early morning I study history and all remembering subjects, the whole day I just spend my day on thinking and reading MIL and others subjects what I don’t like.
These are all my winter normal routine days.
Now, I am going to talk about my school days’ time –
I love winter as when I go outside and due to dry air my cheeks glow pink but it seems to crack to my mom, that’s why she always force me to use cold cream but I knowingly never use but after few days when cheek seems really bad without using cold cream, again I use by myself . As it seems bad. I always love to look good from the beginning but problem is that – I am a great foody person that’s why I can’t control over my fatness, other things I can do better.
I love winter sweaters – I love jacket type winter sweaters – I had 2-3 different types of sweaters, and long socks with slacks, aha! I love to wear those. I love to use slacks so that I can play well as I have many bad experiences of torn dress during playing. I still remember once during long jump my dress was torn in such a way it seems like half naked, many times I faced like that as whenever I play I always think about winning but I always forget that I am fatty, that’s why. For that reason, I stop playing after my 7th when I started wearing glasses. I am a girl with huge body shaming feeling from childhood days but still can’t stop eating good foods , even I try my mom never lets me do as she always tell me one thing – “This is your body construction from your father side as from my father’s side all are fatty and food lovers whereas from my mother’s side most of them are slim , so don’t complain every time and if you don’t eat , you can’t read properly and get less mark and finally you’ll marry and become a housewife like me . If it is fine with you then do dieting and all those fashionable stuff, I don’t have any problem with it, it’s up to you.”
After half yearly – it’s time for the picnic , that also 2-3 times with different types, my parents never ever allow me to go school picnic but I always enjoy more my papa’s staff picnic, society picnic and friend (not my friends but my parents) circle picnic etc. .
My winter time always divides in 2 ways, 15-20 days I spend in my village and rest all months in my place.
Village life was quite different, I really can’t explain through words – my grandpapa was alive at that time as my grandmom died when I was 7 years old, but many other people also there who comes to our home. Sometimes we enjoy with our relatives, as my family is a small family still we all enjoy together. I learn to swim etc., in the village the morning scenery was different and some fruits you can get in this season only. You’ll find many different birds and flowers in the village which you can’t see in town. But my morning journey is always same both in my village and where we lived (my papa’s working place)
I usually wake up by 6, otherwise max 6.30 am, then pray ( morning Gaytri manta to morning prayer) then I pluck flowers and finally I ready for breakfast and study. I never ever take bath in winter morning as I usually fall sick during winter, as I always have a problem with cold.
After my 10th , I forgot what is winter as I live in the hostel, life becomes very routine – wake up early and take bath and ready for college as I am always an obedient and discipline in my way. I always follow rules and I never ever go beyond that but I don’t like any kind of misjudgment and misleading, that’s why sometimes people take me as indiscipline as from my childhood days I don’t know what is buttering, so I never do . I always expect what I deserve but in this world being perfect is not enough what I realize in later on stage.
This is all about my winter experience - 
I love winter from core of my heart, I wish to go back to that stage, really no doubt now I get better sleeping time as compare to my school days to college days as those who know me and stay with me, they know me very well how much I sleep and what I do rest of my time (in engineering that also from 2nd year onwards means after 2011 I started using Facebook and started writing blog in 2012) before that I didn’t have any social media, only study. Those who did medical coaching with me they knew well, how I isolated myself with covering my bed with bedsheet so that I can concentrate well and focus on my study, as I am a talkative person from inside whereas when I have a responsibility, that is my 1st priority , that’s why till my engineering 3rd year I cover my bed , finally I let my cover out when I get a good roomie, who didn’t torture me as I don’t know why people interfere in my life so much, as I know what I want and what I am doing whether it’s social work or writing , I don’t like many misleading suggestions, which can’t lead me to anywhere , it may be good for them not for me as I know what I want in my life and what I can do , as In my life I always get many mentors – how to make your life better that’s why I finally choose to isolate while studying that’s why I usually cover my bed or my chair and table portion with bedsheet and other time like when I eat or other enjoying time I enjoy with my friends but when I do my work, I don’t like any kind of misleading advice and interference . I was the ambitious person but didn’t know one day my life will kick me in this way and break my all dreams into pieces .still I always learn how to be strong and move forward with same energy and same hope but with the different personality altogether.

I WISH TO GET THE SAME VERSION OF ME WITH SAME ENERGY AND AMBITIOUS AND ENTHUSIASTIC PERSON ALL TOTAL ONE DAY. Hope that day is coming soon.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form