MY UPBRINGINGS


Everyone takes someone as their idol, whom they can follow or whose personality attracts them most. For me, I take my father as he deserves. If you will ask why! Then I'd say there are so many personality traits, which make him that much worth.
The life lessons what I learned from my father –
1)      Sacrificing his life for his whole family
2)      Know how to build better relationship with everyone
3)      Know how to take responsibility by own

Story Begins :






 Background of my family:
My father is the only son of his parents and my grandfather and my great grandfather were also the only sons, so I belong to a nuclear family background. My father has 3 sisters, one elder and 2 are younger. I love my village home, as there is a shiva temple in the backyard, a pond adjacent to it and just 500 meters away high way is there. Most important is, it is just 5-7 kilometers away from the bay of bangle. If Balasore will turn into like goa or any visiting place, then that place will be turned into a summer vacation place.  But this is a daydream for me for my place. In short, I can say I love my birthplace due to its natural beauty.
My mother’s father is a mathematics lecturer and my mother has 2 sisters and 3 brothers. My mother’s native place is Baripada which is in Murbhanja district. Currently, the whole family is living in the Bhadrak district.

My Father:

My father completed his Master’s degree from Utkal University in the year 1988, and then he got married in the year June 27, 1989. When he got married, at that time he was working in the entrepreneurship development program, at Balasore. I born after 1 year of his marriage means in the year 15th June 1991.


After I turned into 1 year, he lost his first job and became jobless, by that time he had so many responsibilities like my grandmother was ill and grandfather was already retired and his two sisters were unmarried. His youngest sister was pursuing her college degree. My father is the only son so my grandparents never ever wanted, my father should go outside and have a job as he is everything for them. My grandparents love my father like their own soul; in the sort, I can say for my grandparents my father is like their own life.
So many responsibilities with jobless, therefore my father applied for government jobs and after 3 months he selected on the railway. His life changed afterward. He posted at Ranchi initially for his training. At first, he didn’t like to be with that job as he is a Ph.D. holder with highly qualified. So neither he could concentrate on his job nor he had any other options to go ahead with, He never ever wanted to be a lecture as my grandfather (Mothers father) was also a mathematics lecture so my father knew the salary of a lecture by that time, whereas he didn’t have time for preparation and go for another fascinating job. By that time he already married and he had a baby.  Me, my mother and my brother initially stayed at Ranchi then Chakradharpur for 5 years.
After 2 years of joining in Indian railway, he joined his hand with his father for my aunt’s marriage. After my aunt’s marriage my grandmother died at the age of 54 years due to prolonged illness.
My father’s youngest sister was still there for marriage. Our whole family shifted to Rourkela except my grandfather as he wanted to take care of his property and his all memories were there.
We continued our education at Rourkela, then after 1 year we again returned back to our village as my grandfather was facing lots of trouble and my aunt also was at the marriage age. When I was 9 years old my youngest aunt got married. My grandfather shifted to Puri and decided to spend the rest of life as a saint. We came back to Rourkela and continue our education again. That’s why me and my brother were facing lots of trouble until our 10 years for a better education.

Educational investment:
My father always wanted to give us a better education. So my father and mother divided their core competency areas for teaching, My father used to teach me Math, science, and geography, my mother was handling Literature, History. Me and my brother went to drawing classes. This is how my father tried his best to give time for our education. Private jobs have holidays, not in railways. When I was in the 10th standard my grandfather faced an accident during his tirtha yatra, he was paralyzed one side. So my father took him to Rourkela and we all stayed together. My grandfather was a land lord and agriculture overseer, when he turned into a paralyzed patient, he became very depressed. This thing hurt him every time he was very active in his own way. Even though my father tried his best to give him the best treatment still he was not in the mood to stay at Rourkela, one side my 10th board exam and another side my grandfather’s illness. so my father finally decided to provide me, home tutors, as that was  high time for board exams, so for 2 days in a week my father used to pay 2000 for math and for different subjects it very.
My father even my school had a great hope on me that, I’ll make my school proud, as I got scholarships twice and I got many intra school prizes in different competitions. Even my father was not happy with my percentage even though I got a good percentage still it was not as per my talent. So my father decided to send me Bhubaneswar for higher education. I studied at KIIT, where he spend 1 lakh 50 thousand per year, in 2 years it was 3 lakh.
But I couldn’t perform well as that was for the first time I was staying at the hostel and I had some health issues like asthma and common cold problem since my birth. So everyday morning bath and not taking care of my own health caused so much damage. I am more responsible and studious than my younger brother still I couldn’t perform well even my father spend 3 lakh in 2 years. So my father decided not to send my brother to a boarding college like me – KIIT Science College. My father gave the best tutors even education to my brother.  My brother is talented but not studious, that was the difference.
My father always interested to give me a better education, so he allowed me for medical coaching at Aakash then again when I didn’t get, he didn’t lose his hope and he gave another chance to study higher by putting me in IIIT for my better future instead of putting me for any simple graduation.
Then after my graduation, he didn’t force me to do a job, instead of that, he gave me another chance for pursuing MBA. He tried his best for my brother as well, the only difference between me and my brother was I was a very responsible person from the beginning and my brother grew up with lots of love and affection. So he chooses his career as per his interest and I choose as per my parent’s interest.
My grandfather died in the year 2012. My father’s only backbone, even though he couldn’t help us much financially or physically still he was his backbone since 2006, when he suffered from paralysis.
Till I got married, I always asked for money every month for some reason, I was very dependable. But my father made me a capable person through education and skills. He played a big role in my entire life.
I got married at Maharashtra, as a daughter he not only spend money on my education but also for my marriage as well. I got married in a premium hotel that is Swosti. With the help of my uncle, my marriage finished at Bhubaneswar in a well and respected manner.

The few things which I like most and I always wish to be like my father –
1)      He is a self-made person, therefor he is now in Chief CC position in railway. 
2)      Me and my brother are MBA holder with proper education
3)      He never depends on anyone neither his father nor anyone for money or property or for anything (as his father was a retired person. From my mother’s side- We rarely get a chance to visit our grandparents’ house (mother’s side) as my mother had so many responsibilities in her own home (my father’s side). (There for my mother never wanted I should marry in a house who has single son, otherwise, my life will be full of responsibilities.) Still with limited money he could do so many things in his entire life. For this, he sacrificed a lot, he values the money and he had no bad habits to spend his money. I learnt how to save and value money from my father and how to work dedicatedly.
5)      He is a great husband, my mother had 2 major operations during her 30s still he never ever depressed and still he is spending on her
6)      He always put his respect as his first priority
7)      If our relatives love our family, just because of my mother and father as they never expect anything from anyone. We just visit our relative’s house, spend some time and return without any expectations. 

These are the major personality traits of my father, for which I always bow my head in front of him. I don’t know how could he manage all relationships and all responsibilities.
Most often I had a fight with my parents but I know they are always best. But nowadays being simple is the most difficult thing in this current world so I am the ODD MAN OUT in my family. I love the way, I am as I see the world in a different way. Still, I always go with my family values.

1)      I love a family with values and morals than show-offs.
2)      I give first priority to education and talent than any modern culture.
3)      I believe this modern world staying with your own culture and value is difficult but not impossible.
4)      I am a blend of traditional and modern culture.

Whereas my parents give values to traditions and without any second thoughts they go for something as per society. I am different – I believe with facts, figures with future consequences as per that I take decisions. My parents taught me how to be more authentic in deeds and thought process. My parents were never being a part of my struggle and dreams, I dream high and I fight for that with my family values. This is what I am and this is how I am different from my family and parents.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form